|U.S. Air Date||January 6, 2001|
|Directed by||Timothy Björklund|
|Written by||Bill & Cheri Steinkellner|
|Previous||A Dog for All Seasons|
|Next||Saving Mr. Jolly|
The weekend has come and Leonard has challenged Scott to a round of laser tag and a pizza eating contest at the mall which is what Leonard hopes to finally beat Scott at. However, Principal Strickler has to go to a principals convention and as his mother can't take care of Tallulah overnight, he asks Mary Lou to take care of her for him to which she agrees to.
Scott is shocked because he can't go to laser tag with Leonard and the worst part is, Tallulah would know he's really a dog. Leonard sees this as an opportunity to finally win at something and impress the others. But, Scott has a plan to get out of this mess.
At home, Tallulah arrives and Mr. Jolly falls in love with her. When Strickler leaves, Tallulah proves to be the worst cat to take care of as she wreaks havoc around the house and nearly jeopardizes Spot's plan as she almost makes him spill the beans about his identity as Scott Leadready II.
|Nathan Lane||Spot Helperman/Scott Leadready II|
|Shaun Fleming||Leonard Helperman|
|Debra Jo Rupp||Mary Lou Helperman|
|Jerry Stiller||Pretty Boy|
|David Ogden Stiers||Mr. Jolly|
|Wallace Shawn||Principal Strickler|
- Moral: A good deed is its own reward, but may also pay off later.
- Several facts about the characters are revealed in this episode:
- We learn that Leonard had two other dogs before he had Spot: Fluffy Bear and Cuddly Buns.
- This episode reveals Mary Lou's great-grandparents (and, by extension, Leonard's great-great grandparents) immigrated from Dublin, Ireland to the United States after Tallulah destroys their family quilt, making them of Irish heritage, despite their surnames being Jewish.
- We also learn that Principal Strickler's mother is still alive.
- This is the first episode where Tallulah talks. This happens again in the next episode "Saving Mr. Jolly".
- Strangely, Wallace Shawn is not credited for voicing Principal Strickler in this episode, despite voicing him in it.