|The Turkey that Came to Dinner|
|U.S. Air Date||March 22, 2002|
|Previous||Inspector Leadready II|
|Next||Double Dog Dare|
The Turkey that Came to Dinner is the twenty second episode from Season 2 and is the thirty ninth episode of Teacher's Pet overall.
It's Thanksgiving, and Leonard's granny is visiting for the holidays. Since she is allergic to the pets, they have to stay in the laundry room. After she arrives, she brings in live turkey from her friend's garage sale for dinner, as the pets try to find a way to prevent this from happening. In the meantime, Spot becomes disdained with Leonard because he promised to check up on them every few minutes or so. This never happens though because Leonard's grandmother brought over an old retro video gaming system, to which Leonard slowly becomes addicted to it.
- In this episode it's revealed that Mary's full name is Mary Lou Moria Angela Darling Helperman, a reference to the classic Disney film, Peter Pan
- Betty White of Golden Girls guest stars as Leonard's granny.
- This is Betty White's first voice over since Grim and Evil
- This episode has a similar name of the Rugrats episode, "The Turkey Who Came to Dinner".
- The video game sounds sound like the classic NES game "Super Mario Bros" and many Atari games.
- This episode aired in late March due to Toon Disney airing the remaining 18 burn-off episodes straight in a row since ABC was developing ABC Kids at the time. The episode "The Blight Before Christmas" fell under the same trap as it aired in late April.
- An English VHSrip/Widescreen version, and Russian Dub exists online.